Thursday, July 3

vanished

Could someone please enlighten me as to where the word, "disappear" has gone to? Every day I hear and see places where this word should be used, but instead in its place is the very British term, "gone missing" or "went missing". I hate this. It truly causes a small form of anger to course through my veins. Oh, don't misunderstand. If you are British and saying this it doesn't bother me in the least. But, if you are an American and you are using this term....STOP IT! It's silly coming out of your mouth. It's silly coming out of every broadcasters mouth. It's silly in the newspaper headlines. It's just plain silly. You aren't saving any syllables. And you're making me mad. Oh! and I'm laughing at you inside my head at your pretentiousness too. Unless you're under the age of 12, then I figure you don't know any better.

4 comments:

ukrainiac said...

Sooo, what you're saying is that "disappear" has "gone missing?"

Or, you wish "gone missing" would just "disappear!"

kibbe said...

bingo! you clever clever girl!

kate said...

this post is hilarious...and regarding the former post where you sympathized with me and dame while Jedd was sick-yes, I do believe we are out of a very long dark tunnel. The last couple of weeks have been "good" for dame-his boss cant figure out how he sells so much and that makes a man feel real good. Praise God for Larson-Juhl who waited 2 years for dame to get back to work and then moved his work into the comfort of his home-wow.

Jeanne said...

Love reading your blog!!! I'm posting more, sort of! Trying to write in a word doc so I can copy and paste when at mom and dad's in Kyiv! Look for an email in the next few weeks :)