Thursday, June 18

god of destruction for the spark of life?

I just saw a photograph of the CERN Headquarters, where the most advanced atomic research is done (think Hadron Collider) and outside the doors is a giant lighted statue of Lord Shiva. This is the third god of the Hindu trinity, he is the god of destruction and death. Brahma is the god of creation, and Vishnu is the preserver. So it makes me shudder to think of why Shiva was chosen to represent the research done there. I thought they were trying to find the first spark of life. The creation of the universe...so why pick out a god of death and destruction as your "mascot"?
Just curious....
As for me. I'll stick with the Christian Trinity and place my faith in the word of God, the Hope of Jesus and the in-dwelling of the Holy Spirit, rather than a bunch of men outside Geneva smashing atoms together. I already know with certainty how the universe was created...it was the Breath of Life, literally.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Amen to this post, and wow! to the one below, too! I have written similar letter in my head many times. I am so frustrated and down about the way things are going, but I keep feeling, what can we do? What can we do? How do we accomplish what she is saying? How do we get people to listen? God help us! (I suppose we are getting what we deserve...) Thankfully, there is always hope.