Wednesday, May 7

freshfaced

Do you know the wording, "fresh-scrubbed", which usually implies natural prettiness? It is usually applied to young women. I gotta say that now in my late 40's I have met this saying for the first time in a personal way. If you are in your 40's, go to your bathroom and give your face a good healthy scrubbing. Then, quick! look in the mirror...it only lasts for about 10 seconds, but in that fleeting amount of time, I feel "fresh-scrubbed". I wish there were some way to bottle this. I have no explanation. But my cheeks are rosey, and my skin is creamy. It seems cruel that it is so short-lived. I think my husband is going to have to start standing next to me each morning and evening while I "tidy"up. But then the toothpaste spitting might be a bit of a turnoff.....unless the next saying to make its way to the forefront is to be "spitshine..." Now there's an ugly thought.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cheeks turn rosy after a glass of beer or wine; so does my nose, forehead and chin.:-(
I only spitshine the silverware(just kidding:-)

Lynne said...

You should have your daughter the photographer capture the "fresh face" on film.

anna grace said...

Ah, heh heh, this is funny.

Sue said...

yum

ukrainiac said...

Smile.