Friday, August 31

Painting #2


Sadly, my art classes have come to an end (at least until Laura considers resuming them in the spring... Here is my latest creation. Painting number 2. It isn't quite finished; the lone red paintbrush needs some shadowing and dimension to be sure. If you find 13 other things that need to be finished, please don't let me know. I'll just get bothered.
So, one of my children started college classes this week. Emma is enrolled in Chesapeake College as a dual enrollment student. She is in English 101. I cannot shout out how proud I am of her loudly enough. Is this something that was around 28 years ago when I was her age? I never heard of it till recent years.She starts her junior year of high school this coming week.
Annie and Jedd start their school year at the same time. Annie is in charge of her own education this year. She gave me her requirements for science, history etc., and I ordered what she wanted. She also is looking forward to immersing herself in art classes and I can't wait to see the creativity that comes out of this girl. She amazes me daily on that level.
Jedd is just going to spend a year with his nose in a book. A year ago we couldn't get him to read the back of a cereal box...now he won't put the books down...a mother's happiness to be sure. I apologise if this is sounding like an obnoxious Christmas letter of all my kid's fabulous accomplishments. Jedd's hair is ridiculously long and he rarely ever brushes it...there is dog poop all over the back yard because Emma didn't clean it yesterday like she was supposed to, and Annie and Henley baked cookies two days ago and I'm still waiting for Annie to wipe up the crumbs and wash the batter bowl. So, hopefully that puts the reality back in the blog.

3 comments:

annie said...

ahem, ahem, those crumbs and batter bowl are from when jedd baked more yesterday. not me.

kibbe said...

actually, I finally cleaned up both messes. But that's okay. Thanks for not mentioning my incorrectly placed apostrophe after the word kids at the end of the blog. I'm sure it bugged you and took great will power not to mention it! xo

Lynne said...

You did not have to include the dog poop - just a hint for next time.