Friday, June 6

I really miss writing on this little blog, but I have nothing to say. Nothing. I am reading truly depressing words about the state of the world and how Russia is teaming with Iran and together they could bring about the end of the world. See? Depressing. I'd like to go back to the days of my childhood reading when Trixie Belden and Honey Wheeler would solve a crisis within their own sphere, of the missing bridle from the stable or some such triviality, which would set their world off its axis. But all would always be set straight by the end of the story.
Well, I know the end of my little family's story will end straight, by the grace of God, but I am saddened by the thought that there are those I know whose own stories might not end so well if Iran should send over nuclear warheads in the coming days, months or years. See? Depressing....

8 comments:

ramblin-thoughts said...

surely I would lose heart if I did not know this

"I am still confident of this:I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."
Psalm 27:13

annie said...

thanks Wendy! I needed those words:)

ukrainiac said...

We all have a lot of work to do!

Anonymous said...

Amen, Wendy! The world is so overwhelming-the tragedies, the violence we do to one another,the scheming. BUT it IS God's world and His history and Eternal plan-He is our only hope!
(Go out and look at a flower or a bird-it lifts the spirits:-)

Anonymous said...

Amen, Wendy! The world is so overwhelming-the tragedies, the violence we do to one another,the scheming. BUT it IS God's world and His history and Eternal plan-He is our only hope!
(Go out and look at a flower or a bird-it lifts the spirits:-)

Unknown said...

Just amazing... I just posted a blog about that very same verse about 5 min. ago. Gives us hope in a world that doesn't have much of that going around these days...

myroaring20s said...

Trixie Belden! We owned one of her books that my mom read out loud to us, loved it, and wish we had more. Yes, I felt nauseous this morning after reading the news so I wrote critical comments to my congressman and senators.

kibbe said...

Northwind! Good for you for writing to your politicians! I've really been taking the psalm wendy shared to heart and trying to realize that my fear of the nightmare I perceive in the future shows my lack of faith. So, today i am seeing the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
My mother was an auction freak and whenever we went to auctions she'd let me get a new (old)book to read so I could entertain myself. I had all the Trixie beldens and Bobsey twins read by the time I was 10, I'm sure:)