Wednesday, August 20

birthdays and anniversaries

This morning I came down to a bouquet of flowers and a very sweet card from my husband of 19 years....as of today. At 5 p.m. on August 20th in 1989 Thom and I were married at the Molly Pitcher Inn, on the deck overlooking the Navesink River, in Red Bank, N.J. It was a beautiful day and I'm very grateful to my parents for giving us such a lovely wedding. I'm not going to get all mushy over Thom, because you all already know how we feel about each other. I'll just say I'm very, very thankful for my life with him. We've been blessed that after all these years not only do we still love each other, we still like each other. It doesn't get any better than that!
Also, an un-named, and frankly unknown, number of years ago, my mother was born on this day, too. So a very happy birthday to my mom! Thanks for sharing your day with us!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Wow! Happy Anniversary! So cool; I love eternal monogamous marriages--you are so blessed with your hubby. Actually, many of us who read your blog are also very blessed with the men God has given us! Thanks be to Him from whom all blessings flow, and may He continue to bless our homes with generations of Godly homes and families....love ya

Anonymous said...

I ditto Amen that.

On Caucasians: Just a side note. Most folks in India are Caucasian(they aren't very white). And medically, it does come down to certain physical features on what defines the races.(I get your point about all being the human race).