Saturday, August 30

shuttles and service

What a week! We took the kids to Nemacolin Woodlands Resort for an fantastic family getaway. While there are Chateaus and Lodges to stay in we booked a townhouse where conceivably we could have cooked some of our own meals. But... we didn't. There were restaurants all over the grounds and once we parked the car, shuttles picked us up and took us anywhere we desired on the resort, so we never had the urge to go to the market. It was too simple really...all we did was lift the phone receiver and dial "0", and someone on the other end would answer, " How may we serve the Huntington Family?". (It was tough driving myself to work yesterday!) The girls and I had hot stone massages one day and did the water path ritual. The next day we had facials. Aaaahhh... Jedd, Thom and I shot sporting clays the first morning. The boy's arm is black and blue from the shotgun he used and nothing could make him more pleased! I think he ended up shooting 75 rounds. That was enough gun-time for me so I backed out of "combat paintball" the next day. Actually, I forget my sneakers and they wouldn't let me go in sandals. So the girls and I rented bikes and rode throughout the hills and animals (there are bears, buffalo, zebras, moose, lions, mountain goats, hyenas and more throughout the resort). Actually I'm so out of shape I walked my bike up most of the hills. They were steep! It was a great time, but 3 nights and 4 days were enough for four of us(not Jedd). We were pretty much ready to come home and back to reality.
We returned home in time for Annie to start her fist history class at Chesapeake College.
Thursday was back to work as usual. Friday brought the unbelieveably happy news (in my opinion) of Sarah Palin being chosen as McCain's running mate. For the first time in this election, I am excited! I mean sparks of thrill coursing through my veins. I feel hope about the future of politics again. I have no idea how she can pull this off with all she has on her plate and I hope her family can withstand the pressure, but I'm sure many others will join with me in praying for her on a daily basis.
I am so thankful for the time spent with my family this week. Bonding time is good. I am thankful my husband got to truly rest. I am thankful for a taste of that good life, which I know pales in comparison to what awaits us in eternity. I ask that God would help me to heed His call daily and that I would willingly answer, "How may I serve you,Lord, today?"

5 comments:

Sue said...

Excellent post once again, Kate! I also praise(d) God for Sarah Palin. So happy to hear of your family's getaway! I love those times, those creating memories moments no one can take away! The best things in life are not things, to quote a good friend of mine.... :>)

Unknown said...

Amen, girl! I, too, am excited at the possibilities that Palin brings with her. I couldn't be happier that she is decidedly pro-life. I really could care less that she is female. I just want the candidate with the right heart in a place to guide the nation, be it a man or a woman. I think this won't be near as close at it might've once been!!! Should be exciting to see how the next couple of months go...

kibbe said...

it's so interesting Sue and Guitar Girl, that I just hung up the phone with my mother and while she wasn't for Obama before, this put her over the fence to Obamas side. She thinks Sarah Palin is an abomination to politics! HUH?! She says that she has no experience and that she's simply a pretty face. I'm stunned by the hate in my mom's democratic voice. It's all a point of view isn't it? I strongly believe it's also the "worldview glasses" that one is looking through. I'm looking through Christian glasses with both eyes to Jesus Christ. My mother doesn't believe in any of God's word unless she is in need. And then just the convenient stuff.She does not understand that God won't hear her unbelieving prayers then. That those prayers will fall on deaf ears.

Jeanne said...

Hi Kibbe :)

Just back from 2 1/2 weeks at the in-laws and paper are in progress!! There will be updates soon and emails written :)

Anonymous said...

When they were listing all of S.P.'s accomplishments and all that she does, I was struck that she is perfect for the ticket-don't all women MULTI-TASK??!!
And I agree with GGG-I don't care that she is a woman. I think this is b/c we were raised in a very different era than the older females of this country(who were all for Hillary). Black, white, male, female-we need God-revering leaders of integrity!
Kibbe-I relate about your mom. I am AMAZED at who some of my family members support. Foolishness is seen as wise in this generation!