Wednesday, April 29

choas begets order.....

Our ukrainian friend Kolya is taking on Thom's "honey-do" list today. As you can imagine I'm thrilled. Our foyer has had peeling paint from past leaks for years. Today, it will be scraped and prepared for paint. The upstairs bathroom has been being stripped of wallpaper for over a year. A tug here, a pull there. It wasn't even a half-hearted effort. Today, it will be finished, and prepared for painting.
The kids have begged for a dishwasher for years. In this economy, the sales were too great for me to resist. Why, it's practically free! It will be delivered this afternoon. Kolya is preparing the space for it as I write.
So, I've been filling boxes from cupboards and emptying the bathroom for the big scrapdown. My house is now chaos.
My father-in-law will be here for dinner at five o'clock. sigh.....Luckily he's the type of man who comes to see us, not the house. I think he'll be forgiving of the wreck he'll find himself in. It would be more thoughtful, I'm sure to reschedule, but selfish me likes his company. So dinner is on!

3 comments:

K. A. Ruth Bushaw said...

i love coming into people's messy houses--it instantly relaxes me! is that strange??

Sue said...

Kyrie, I kind of feel that way, too! No competition or anything, just welcome in and join the family. I hardly ever notice mess anyway when I visit others. But pride eats at me when my house is messy (and it almost always is--we live in our house, every bit of it, every day...) Anyway, you should feel relaxed in our home! Come visit some time!

kibbe said...

Yeah Kyrie I'm with you, unless there is a lot of mold in the dish drain....that's the only thing that grosses me out....