Saturday, January 5

Happy New Year!

We're home from Vermont. No exclamation point. I'm glad to see Annie and Thom, who stayed behind, but I miss the 3 feet of snow and the mother's cozy house and the sister and brother and aunt and uncle and nieces and nephew. Isn't it curious, as I look back on that sentence, that I put snow before family? That deserves an exclamation!
I haven't opened the store since Christmas Eve. I have no intention of opening today. I do think I'll go in and start red-lining for a huge sale starting next Tuesday.
There are lots of vermont photos to upload and stories to tell. But I'll save them for Monday. I just wanted to check in today. There's a tree to be undressed and tossed. SO MUCH LAUNDRY to be washed, dried and put away. Cupboards are bare and need to be restocked. I'm home. Much as I love Vermont, I know I will settle into my routine happily once I'm settled.
Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

working on the tree too. It is leaning towards the Nanticoke. Laundry almost caught up-waiting to hear from Hayley. Skyping with Anna P.

ukrainiac said...

Hooray! It's so good to see you back in the world of blog! Looking forward to your pictures...I'm sure Vermont was gorgeous. We still have Ukrainian Christmas and OLD New Year's Eve to go...though I might take the trees down between Orthodox Christmas and the wedding...

Sue said...

so glad you're back, missed you. Tim and i just got back from Wmsburg for a few days alone :>) and i am facing the same things: laundry, shopping for food and cooking it, getting ready to start school again, etc. etc. But i rejoice in the gift of time away with my husband!