Thursday, February 26

another day, hopefully another dollar

I'm off to work today and then to Pennsylvania tomorrow. I feel like a seasoned country traveler these days. In the past month I've driven to Georgia, NYC, Vermont and now PA. Emma and I are going tomorrow to visit Messiah College for an "accepted student and their parents tour". We'll be up at 5 a.m. and on the road. That is actually my favorite time of the day to start a trip. I really enjoy beginning my journey in the dark and then watching the day open up before me. It rarely happens any other time as I don't usually roll out of bed till 7 a.m., unless I'm in a menopausal state of insomnia. which usually occurs in the middle of the night, therefore knocking me out cold for several hours right at the time I wouldn't mind getting up. Did that makes sense? Hmmmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blech! My favorite time to start a trip is around 3 in the afternoon! Seeing the sun come up makes my stomach nauseous:-)
How fun-a mother/daughter trip. I DO love those!

Sue said...

I like getting on the road early, too! But most of the significant others in my house don't agree with me...