Wednesday, March 11

sceptical

Just call me a skeptic or even a conspiracy theorist. But when the curators of the Smithsonian opened Lincoln's pocketwatch yesterday for the first time ever, on rumor that the jeweler in the mid-1800's had inscribed a secret message, and found "Thank God we have a government!" in it....well, sorry, I'm not buying it. I would have believed, "thank God you're our president!" But Government? Nope!
In this time of economic turmoil when so much of America is starting to feel angst and anger against this stimulus package, and towards our politicians double standards on taxation, and taxation without representation,and further stripping of rights for the unborn, the list goes on and on and on.....The government is stripping us of our rights to the pursuit of Life, Liberty and Happiness on a daily basis....How very convenient to have Obama's hero president's watch opened with a loving message about "government"...
Like I said, just call me a skeptic....

6 comments:

K. A. Ruth Bushaw said...

did you purposely use both spellings for skeptic? i was wondering about it, googled it and found out that sceptic is the british spelling and skeptic is the american spelling.

did you know this? i feel like you must! you're mrs kate!

kibbe said...

I hate to burst yor bubble, but it just looked right as "skeptic". Then it only looked right as "sceptical" to my little eyes.Then I too, looked it up and saw both were correct in their own right and used the ones which looked pleasing to my eyes in each manner. You are so observant! (Gee, I miss you!:))

kibbe said...

Now I'm seeing my incorrect comma usage and wishing I could rewrite that comment! Ha!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sue-nice Blog colors. Don't get me started. Trying to re-fi our house. Well the appraisal came in HALF what it was worth six years ago! No need to spend my money refinancing if my house ain't worth nothin'!

kibbe said...

hmmmm Riverrat...just wondering...does this mean your tax bill will be cut in half? Fight for it if it's not:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.