Sunday, March 8

Slumdog Millionaire

The girls and I saw Slumdog Millionaire today after church. I wasn't expecting too much or too little. I was going to take it at face value.
It was wonderful! I had read so many reviews that had said it was extremely depressing. Yes, depressing, true. But it was balanced with perfect hits of humor as well. And for all those who said it was an "unbelieveable" storyline, as a Christian I saw nothing unbelieveable in it. God has worked out many stories more "unbelieveable" than this one, that are in fact, amazingly true. I could see this happening with no problem at all. (with the small exception of the wonderful scene at the very, very end. That just brings to film, my love of a good Bollywood movie. That's it. No juicy review today. Just a suggestion that you go decide for yourself while it's still out on the big screen.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Charlie and I loved the movie. It was a wonderful story, well told, thoughtfully acted and visually breathtaking. Dickens meets Mumbai with a lot of humor. I thought many scenes were difficult to watch, but it all made sense as the young man's life came into focus. We thought it was a brilliant unfolding of providence.

K. A. Ruth Bushaw said...

LOVED it! specially the last scene. eric's like "why are they dancing? that makes no sense." i was like "they're finally together--that's what you want to do when you've found the person you love.!! you dance about it!" even if it's just in your head sometimes.

he got it:)

kibbe said...

Kyrie, explain to Eric, please,that Bollywood dancing scenes aren't about "sense". They're about the beauty and fun:) You pegged it nicely in your explanation to him.

Lynne, you're right, the unfolding of it was brilliant.