Thursday, December 6

A Happy Heart

I left with a light heart to go off to work yesterday, because of the prospect of snow.
A customer was standing by the windows and said to the others in the store, "You know they call me weather woman because of my accuracy...it's going to start snowing in the next few minutes." We all kind of said, "that would be nice"..."hope so"....etc. But I'd heard just a few minutes before it would be later in the afternoon before the snow fell...
About 5 minutes later it was coming down like mad!!! Oh happiness in the store with a bunch of grown women jumping and screeching like children.
The three customers were infused with Christmas spirit and their spending expanded! Happy shopkeeper!
...and then holiday happiness continued throughout the day. It just never stopped. At 10 p.m. Jedd and I were walking the dog in amazement as the snow still fell. We went down by the boats and across the park and delighted in it all. Every once in a while a giant snowball smashed my back and a happy boy snorted with glee...The dog was bouncing through it all, licking it , oblivious to the snowballs smashing into his back.
The return trip home was frigid, walking into the wind, but an 11 year old was willing to walk snuggled under his mom's arm for warmth. Joy!
Right now I am sitting in front of my fireplace with a dog at my feet. Some kids are sleeping, one is awake. I have a giant cup of coffee at my fingertips...
Thank you! Thank you, Father, for the happiness in my heart. Please help me to appreciate these moments in the coming weeks. Please help me to not get caught up in the stress of Christmas and miss the joy of your son's birth....

4 comments:

ukrainiac said...

I'm smiling and sighing with you, my friend. What a wonderful day!

Anna P said...

Amen!

Any pictures? I'd love some of snow and the boats... living in a land-locked country has its drawbacks.

Anna Grace said...

Jedd is a great kid.

Snow makes things seem brighter. It's definately a merry feeling--especially so close to Christmas. It started to snow while I was taking my last exam of the day (on Wednesday) & I ached to be out in it. Thankfully I had a view out the window of a huge tree that was slowly getting covered in the white flakes. It was so gorgeous and it made me press on towards finishing.

I just stood outside in it breathing it in and smiling happily. It feels so good--even if it is cold.

Ah, and I'll try to direct people to your store. Big sales! (;

Thanks for opening your home tonight. I like your big hugs.

Happy birthday to annie and emma!
'night.

kibbe said...

Anna, I remember being stuck in school as a kid when the snall would start...ache is the perfect word! Especially the first few snowfalls....and in Connecticut they never let us out early!

Jedd is a great id I agree:)

I'm getting ready to go into work today..pray hard:)!

Thanks for coming up last night, and I love giving hugs:)