Wednesday, December 12

Winterthur anyone?

Good Day!
Well, it's going to be in the 60's today...60's! What a silly weather for December. I'm going to throw open the shop door and glory in it. Annie's working today for Anne, so Jedd is coming to work with me. It'll be hard to live up to the day his sister gave him yesterday, schooling on the shed roof with hot cocoa, but I think I'm going to come up with chores so he can earn Christmas cash.
Tomorrow is my day off and I plan on keeping Emma home from school and having a play day with the kids. Gift shopping, movie, lunch out. You get the idea. I thought about a field trip to Baltimore or Washington, but I don't want to deal with the crowds... I thought about taking them to Winterthur, but I don't know how enjoyable that would be for any of us with Jedd along. He is all boy and hates things like that. Gardens and pretty houses? No, not so much.
If you've any day trip ideas, please send them along...What do you think? Should I force the boy to Winterthur? Does anyone else want to join us in that trip if we do it?

6 comments:

faith said...

Hayley, Sarah, Mrs. Taylor, and Mom and I went up there last year because they had this really awesome display of clothing from movies. They had the coat that darcy wore in Pride and prejudice (the A and E version) and they had the dress from ever after. It was neat. Plus we got to see the house!

kibbe said...

I know the girls would have loved that!

Sue said...

I don't think Winterthur would be for Jedd, unless he is a different boy than Luke (in fact, Hope just read your post and said she probably would whine if I made her go)...I forgot to add yesterday to the list of "samenesses" that mine sleep in like crazy when I let them, which is more often than I "should," but it is a great time to get mom things done, so quiet and peaceful...and if it makes you feel any better at all, I am going to admit what our week has been; I thoroughly planned to stop school for vacation Friday; however, Monday was crazy for many reasons and not much was accomplished (except a lovely mothers' get together); Tuesday we ended up doing a service project :>) raking our leaves; then today we went to the library, did the Book-it Pizza Hut thing, and then I walked Pemberton with Lindy Hall and shopped and flew home to make snack for sr. high...so! A lot of practical homeschooling this week :>). Good night!

kibbe said...

Sue, it sounds like you got a LOT done this week!
I've decided not to do Winterthur. I' can't say here where we're going yet as I'm making the kids suffer in curiosity. It's not a "cultural" thing. It should be fun though. I went to the cookie exchange tonight and all the moms said"NO" to Winterthur with JEdd:) and gave a suggestion as an alternative. Tell you tomorrow night:) Love you sisterxoxo

ukrainiac said...

I have an idea -- but you need a passport! Have you started the process yet? Come on, Girlfriend!!

Sue said...

Am waiting to hear of your exciting adventure! Tim and I went to Wilmington yesterday to sit with his coworker and wife whose 1 1/2 yr old daughter was having surgery for hip dysplasia (sp?); we got out of the hospital about 5:45 pm and went and ate dinner (that was nice, just us two); so another day when kids fended for themselves (do you think the education police ever read these blogs? I don't want to endanger the fam)! Today is the OFFICIAL start of the Christmas vacation--yay! Luke is at his first official day of work, too! Much excitement around here. Sarah has her last exam today at 4:30, Anna turned in her last assignment yesterday, Faith still has 3 exams, but then we will all be home! Yay again!