Tuesday, February 26

family night

I've been reading the Drudgereport which led me to some article which states that the North of North America has had the largest amount of snowfall since records have been kept. Really? Well, while I'm thrilled to hear this as it may slow down the political bandwagon that is screaming to tax us on carbon-outputs (whatever that means), I'm still standing daily at my window looking for the white flakes to pile up outside my door. Come on. Yes, the schools have been canceled a few times this year, but not for the desired drifts of the white powder in my dreams.....
I am sitting in my rosy wing chair by a snapping fire in my hearth. Jedd and I re-arranged the living room yesterday. It is now much more conducive to coziness. The kids are sprawled out on the red sectional sofa meant to seat at least 12 people at a time, that I bought on an impulse and in my mind never really worked in this room. But now...we have it placed with it's back to the fireplace. A move I formerly rejected as bad since it would put our backs to the flames. But...the flow is actually better this way. For the first time in years, I actually like this room. Annie and Henley have brought home a movie called Martian Child. Should be an interesting evening. But in case it turns out to be as dreadful as its name, I have a pile of books to my left and a laptop on my....lap....Here's the pile:
Fascinating Facts from the World of Discovery
Charlotte Sometime
Tramp for the Lord
Tortured For Christ
All God's Children and Blue Suede Shoes
and a King Arthur Baking Catalog
and here comes Thom with a laptop to join the crew.....
Annie is scolding Emma for placing her jug of Iced tea in the middle of the coffee table, thereby presenting an obstacle to Annie's viewing pleasure of American Idol, the preshow to the Martian Movie. Henley's school is on winter vacation so she's spending the night. Annie just got a call that she doesn't have to work tomorrow after all. Now, Emma is lobbying me to let her take the day off of school so she can be with the girls. I'll make her sweat it a bit. I usually try and talk her into staying home because we miss her while she's away. She rarely does though... responsible child:)

No comments: