Wednesday, February 27

67,000 miles per hour

Per the post I posted last night;
Rent, buy, beg to borrow the movie "Martian Child". It was truly wonderful and viewable for the entire family. Imagine that! A movie the whole family can sit together and watch with no squirmy moments.
I'm just going to let this movie play over again and again all day in my brain. And smile dumbly at work when remembering bits of it.
And since my mom is leaving tomorrow for Alaska and just this morning threw out the information of Earth's tilt and it's effect on that portion of the world, I was able to toss back the equally useless morning information that we're spinning around the sun at 67 thousand miles per hour, (which I knew because of this movie, but she can hold tightly to the idea that I know this because of the fabulous education she provided for me:) ) A movie that keeps giving joy to many people on many levels.

8 comments:

annie said...

warning: i found this movie more than slightly schmaltzy, but bully for you if you enjoy that sort of thing. wish i could. i'm glad you liked it, mom. you sobbing mess, you.

Anonymous said...

I will check out Martian Child. I can recommend Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont. A sweet tale played out in my favorite British accents. Maybe too schmaltzy for Annie and with the "adult theme" of aging.
Post below-my husband is quite out of sorts, down right grouchy in fact, over the weather limbo! He is put out with the folks at the Weather Channel:-) HE WANTS SNOW! (I, however, am glad to see my crocus popping out and am anxiously awaiting the daffy-down lilies).

kibbe said...

Oh Suzanne, I loved Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont! there was nothing "scmaltzy" about the Martian Child, but perhaps there must be a parental bone in your body to empathize (sp?) with the characters. And Annie...I think your tear ducts went dry with all your skinned knees and elbows as a child. It's not normal....what you don't well up at....

annie said...

well, it may not have been the subject matter so much as the utterly predictable/cheesy soundtrack that ruined it for me. (it's an important part of a movie, really, it is.)

Sue said...

I never could cry when I was young; now I cry all the time...

anna grace said...

Heh. I've never cried during a movie or a book. I suppose my tear ducts went dry too.

I've never heard of this movie.
Maybe I should watch it.

kibbe said...

ah Annie and Anna,
I'm going to come round your homes while your pregnant with your first children and watch your little tear ducts during a Maxwell House coffee comercial over Christmas Holidays...I suspect there'll be some leakage then....hormones being a bit over-powering in pregnancy and all....

Jeanne said...

:) Been thinking about your family the past week! Love reading your posts :) AND I'm getting back to blogging, I hope, at www.razom112.wordpress.com :)