Saturday, February 2

off to NYC

Tiredness courses through my body right now. I'm doing laundry and making preparations for my trip tomorrow to NYC. Trying to imagine everything I need to pack so as to prevent any frustration at forgetfulness in the coming days, while keeping it all contained in one small overnight bag. I know I'll need to lug bags from hotel to parking garage and that could be several city blocks.
I get very excited every six months at this pilgrimage to the Gift Show to see up and coming trends for home decor and to try and determine what will sell here in good old Cambridge. It's all a big game really.
Emma is coming with me. I'm so pleased to have her see this whole process of choosing and buying and trying to stay within some kind of budget. It's easy to get carried away and spend money I don't have. I'm a bit concerned about the economy of course. I know people who aren't going to the show because they think they should hold back until they know which way the wind is blowing with respect to above said economy. I'm of the school of thought that says if I want people to part with their dear dollars I had better have some new and exciting things for them to select from. Who's to know what is the right thing to do. That darn hindsight would come in very handy right now!
We have reservations at Becco, that wonderful Italian restaurant I blogged about back in August. I'm salivating at the thought of another meal there! And of course a trip to Anthropologie is in order. Well, we are to be up and out by 5 a.m. Sunday morning, so I'd best be off to bed. We'll be back in a few days. Talk with you then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*I watch and wait for a timely word on this blog and I miss one day and lo & behold,a treasure house of entries appears:-)

This would overwhelm me. I know WHAT I want to buy at your store but I wouldn't want to be the person who must GUESS at what it is I will want this year(you'll pick the perfect stuff I'm sure)

Cleanliness: Good husband! Refer to your other posts in reference to book and fire. We Americans don't know how to take time to relax. Keep the house cleaners!

anna grace said...

Anthropologie. I'm jealous.

I noticed your absense this morning. I missed seeing you and Emma off to the right side standing with the rest of your family. But, don't worry, Annie held your spot well and Mr. Thom did a good job leading worship.

It sounds exciting and very much like a game--getting to pick out items that you hope will sell well. It appears to be one of your favorite games that you get great joy from playing. I'm sure you excell at it and win. (:

I'm glad you get to go.
Have a good trip.

Did Emma take pictures?

Sue said...

Missed you!