Thursday, September 13

dreams of a cold kitchen

This morning has a the crisp feel and ever so slight hint of a coming autumn about it...are you as delighted as I am about the prospect of a season change?
I wish I could stay home and bake today. Since I'm wishing, I also wish I was staying home and baking in my dream Aga Range. (I'm trying to figure out how to place a picture here, but since the twins are in Georgia with Keith Franklin and a vanload of other "college searchers" I've noone here to assist in that) It's a dreamy classic English cooker that is constantly on. There are various ovens and you just open door #1 for a 275 degree slow roast, or door #2 for 325 baking, door#3 for 375 and door# 4 for 425. You set them all for your desired temps when you first get the stove, then just insert food at will and bake. It also keeps your kitchen toasty all winter. I'd keep an old- fashioned drying rack that raises and lowers from the ceiling in front of it and when the kids come in from playing in the snow...presto! lower the rack , place wet clothing over it to dry and pull a tray of brownies out of the oven!
(I grew up in New England remember, so there is still lots of winter in my brain)
The last time I checked the price of the model I want, it was 15 grand...so no worries about coming to my house and being over-heated in the kitchen in August.


3 comments:

ukrainiac said...

REALLY wish you had a picture. I'm trying to picture the size of this oven with 4 doors...

kibbe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kibbe said...

I just tried to put the web address in but it didn't work so, I'm going to try again Marianna...
http://www.agarange.com/
nope, for some reason I can't fathom...but if you just type in agarange.com, it'll come up! It's a beauty!