Thursday, September 20

poor me

Today is one of the 2 days a week where I'm car-less. Emma takes one car off to college and then high school. Annie drops me off at work and then takes the van down to Salisbury for volleyball. So far, Emma has been able to fetch me from work, but its been a close call since she sometimes squeezes me in between school and a volleyball game. It's not really that big a deal since I'm only about a mile from home. But I'm an American darn it! I NEED to have a car sitting in the parking lot all day, un-used, to feel secure! I'd get sweaty if I had to walk home and dinner would be late! What if it rains? What if it snows? What if its really really cold and I can't find my mittens and there are no pockets in the particular coat I've pulled from my All American closet that morning in which there are at least 8 others to choose from?
~Yeah... isn't God so very, very wise to take my car away from me?

5 comments:

ukrainiac said...

It is interesting what we begin to think is "normal" or "needed" or "expected." I love the comment of the all-American closet: not just what's IN our closets! Here, the whole concept of a built-in closet is totally missing!

I love your writing...

kibbe said...

Thanks for the encouragement, you sweet thang! I rather love your writing style myself!

grey rose (they/them) said...

hey, sweetie! i have been away from blogging for so long...too long. i am loving catching up on your divine postings! you ARE an artist! press on!
i am totally with you on the car thing...WHY is it tat it provides security just sitting there, parked? i'm weird. i guess we both are!!
i can't wait to visit cambridge again! i love me some per tree south! AND some bobby's at clearview!

kibbe said...

Hannah! Do come visit! Pull up a chair behind the counter and have some tea and chat a while!XO Kate

Faith said...

It is funny how comforting a car can be just sitting outside. It is like freedom. heh. I never thought about it before. But it is so true. I love your blog!