Friday, September 7

coffee, essays & "The Office"

~We're finishing up our first week of September, not a cool breeze or drop of rain yet, but hope springs eternal... I'm happy for the shop's first shipment of autumn coffees. Pumpkin Harvest blend puts me in the spirit mentally anyway.
We're also finishing up the first week of school. (Marianna, Annie and Jedd did end up coming back home) Annie has realized that the video courses for Algebra 2 and World History weren't going to work for her, so last night we ordered different curriculum and added a few new things for both she and Jedd.
~Emma is doing fine. She's turned in her 2nd college assignment and is contemplating a topic for her research paper. It has to be a persuasive argument on a subject within her home county (sic) OR a totally different country. Which is more difficult than it would seem. For instance the idea of writing on whether or not New Orleans should be rebuilt with government dollars would be a great paper written from either viewpoint. But...since it's not a foreign country or Emma's home county, it's not allowable.
~On a different note...I have finally seen the bottom of my dirty laundry basket. The problem now is that the clean laundry basket at the foot of the dryer is now overflowing...
~Our living room at this moment is also overflowing in the happiest way...with children. The twins talked Thom (at a weak moment) into buying the Season Three Office episodes on DVD which came out this past Tuesday. They've hoarded it until tonight and now are having a marathon 9 hour viewing with friends. They forced me to eat choclate covered ice cream and watch it with them, but after 2 hours I had to seek shelter in another room. Yes, I love The Office as much as the anyone, but I'm old and need to move my muscle-spasmed legs occasionally. Plus the crash from the chocolate was making me nod off....

5 comments:

ukrainiac said...

Have you checked out Beautiful Feet Books high school world history guide? Uses "real" books and videos (from the library). Some internet work, too, I seem to remember. Anyway, we highly recommend Rea Berg's guides!! (If you contact them, tell her we said hello...)

Not TOTALLY surprising to have two at home!

I LOVE that you have a blog...I feel so darn connected (especially when you mention me by name!!)

kibbe said...

I'll check the above books out Marianna. Thanks! I wanted to pick up the phone and tell you that way, but I figured it might be a wee bit pricey...I'm kinda getting into this blog thing for the very idea of connection. I'm truly terrible at phone calls, letter writing and re-occurring e-mails...God is so good woth the technology stuff he gives us, isn't He!?

emma! said...

we made you eat ice cream?
yeah, mhmmm. (note sarcasm)

annie said...

yeah, mom, the ice cream was definitely your idea.

kibbe said...

will $5 bucks keep you little monkeys quiet about the ice cream? Mom