Sunday, September 9

Today, September 9, 2007 our pastor, Jason Shelton, gave a challenging and thought provoking sermon which I highly recommend going online and listening to. It can be found at:
http://www.providencesalisbury.org/
~ Be ready to be stirred to attempt to live the life that Jesus desires and commands you to live. Who have you specifically prayed for by name today? Who will you specifically pray for by name tomorrow?
What will I sacrifice for Jesus today, tomorrow, and any and every tomorrow I'm given after that?
Casting Crowns has a beautiful song titled If We Are The Body and the chorus should fill many of us with shame for our overall lack of outreach to the world....
But if we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching?
Why aren't His hands healing?
Why aren't His words teaching?
And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going?
Why is His love not showing them there is a way?

I'm not saying that none of us does these things... I'm saying I personally often use the excuse that it's not "the season" of my life right now to do these things.
So I guess I'd ask you to name me in your prayers..ask Him to move me in His direction....

I'd also ask you to look at some friends who have followed in faith, and be inspired:
http://www.holmanfamily.org/
I know they'd appreciate your prayers greatly as well.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Kate,
I did not know you had a blog. Thanks for holding me today as I cried. It meant SO much. I love you. Thanks also for your kind comments.

kibbe said...

dear Sue,
XOXO
Kate