Monday, October 8

flawed pay-day

I find I have nothing to say today...so I go visit Damien's blog to see his quote of the day. It is;
"Inspiration usually comes during work, rather than before it". I took that as meaning, " GO!" and so here I sit and write. Of course, it is Monday which means the sink is full of dirty dishes and heaven knows I'll do anything to avoid the big clean up.
~ It is approximately 752 days since our last rainfall ( give or take several hundred either way), I miss so deeply the sound of it. And still I've not been able to wear my cute little nut brown cardigan from Anthropology. :( The news just said yesterday's high was a record breaking 92. Huh... ( I have noticed a burst of moths about the house in the past few days though...please oh please don't be feasting on the afore-mentioned sweater...)
Kind of thinking about going into work today. I'm usually closed Monday, but it is a holiday...maybe people are visiting town. I know many schools are closed (not Emma's, she went flying out the door this morning with seconds to spare) and banks etc. I imagine all government buildings are as well. Which always seems ridiculous to me. We are paying how much money out in tax dollars today for a day of remembrance to good ol Christopher Columbus? Half the country thinks he should have no credit at all for discovering America, the other half can be rabid in their defense of him. But...I hazard a guess that few people will even discuss him today. They'll sleep in, do chores and errands and hopefully...Shop...in my store. I think his name will be omitted from most conversations. Sad. What we pay out would probably send a few new helicopters to our troops. But I'm just babbling.~