Wednesday, October 31

It's good to sit for a while in the peace of my kitchen this morning. My mother and aunt and uncle came down from Vermont on Sunday night to spend Monday with us. It was a whirlwind tour of lunches and antiquing, and driving and learning to play cribbage. I have wanted to learn that for years and even bought a cribbage board which sat around the house for about 5 years. I thought it came missing the pegs and directions and finally, since a teacher hadn't been in sight for so many years, threw it out or put it into the goodwill bag just weeks ago. Then my family arrives with a cribbage board and knowledge. Now, if I could find someone else who knew how to play, it could very well be my new addiction. (Oh, they laughed when I said my board hadn't come with pegs. Apparently, there's a slider on the bottom of all of them where the pegs are stored. Mine was all wood so I never noticed it.)
The girls came back from Harvey Cedars retreat on Sunday night, Annie was gone all day Monday for a volleyball tournament (they won!) Emma was gone to school all day, and they heard of Annie's adventure to Colorado this coming Wednsday. So it did appear to an outsider as if my family life was insane with juggling all these different places for different kids. And who got what car for what trip. But it was really just a burst of insanity not the norm. Actually writing it, it doesn't look at all nutty. Must have been the moment.
Anyway they were off back home yesterday. And I was exhausted last night. Not that they were problems, I loved every moment of it. It must just be my age:)
~So tomorrow Annie goes to Colorado with Anna Harr to visit Sarah Meadows. They took care of the details themselves, and booked the trip a bit too close for comfort for rush hour and Anna's accounting class, but all these things tend to work out don't they? I'm taking the girls, oh, today! I was thinking it was tomorrow. Lost a day in my sleep! So, I'm taking them today to BWI. They are dressing up as crayons for the trip. to be honest, I think they put more energy into their costumes than in the travel details. (sorry girls, but I think you both know it's true:) )
I'm excited for them, going off on this adventure. If they weren't the solid Christians that I know them to be, I might be concerned with sending my 16 yo off to visit a friend states away unaccompanied by an adult. But I think this is going to be such a great growing experience for them. Well and they are going to sweet Sarah's home.
Tim and Sue will pick them up Sunday night. If the girls should pop into your mind over these next days, please offer up a prayer on their behalf.

No comments: