Thursday, November 1

Colorado Glory

Happy 1st day of November! Leaves are floating by my window and rays of sun are filtering through the trees. I get to stay home with Jedd today as Janna is opening the store. It's a fine day to rake leaves and plant my bag of 100 tulip bulbs.
~I plan on trying to put the house back in to some semblance of order after the past few days of activity. There are piles of blankets in the living room and a blow-up bed to be returned to it's lenders from our overnight guests. Emma had a few friends over for halloween last night and there are candy wrappers and faux spider webbing all over the front porch and yard from them and trick-or-treaters. Every year I add another big bag of candy to the offerings and we still run out early. We get literally hundreds of trick-or-treaters here. It gets very expensive.
~Annie and Anna got off safely yesterday and I got the call last night that they had touched down on Colorado soil. I was a bit jealous watching them go through the gate. It has been a long time since I climbed aboard a plane and had an adventure. I was actually given a pass as the mother of a minor, to go through the gate with them. I got into line showed my i.d. etc., but when it came turn for me to put my purse through the x-ray machine, they wanted me to take of my leopard combat boots...well, that was a little too much effort to go another 15 feet. Their gate was directly in front of the security check, so I felt no guilt about saying, "see ya!" and turning around. Of course there were big hugs which held up the line for another 45 seconds or so...but the boot removal would have held it up longer so I'm guilt- free over that:)
~Lord, thanks so very much for the safe travel for our girls. Please give them wisdom and guidance in these coming days and please surround them with a hedge of protection. Most importantly Father, if you can use them to your Glory, please do so!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Yes, those blasted x-ray machines! AND I know of an adventure you can take that you'd have to take a airplane for sure ;) hint.hint. maybe just you and some others?! (Pam, Martha, Karen, Sue would want to come!)

I guess it will be difficult to see my kids grow up (if the Lord blesses with me with some!) and send them off on there own... Well, for now I won't think too much about that... I'll enjoy these times of being two while I have them! :)

kibbe said...

If only I could get there, I' would dear girl! Right now the state of Connecticut is telling me it's going to take up to 5 months to get my birth certificate so I can get a new passport. (Mine is so old it needs to be entered as though I'd never had one.) It would probably be quicker to drive there and get it.

ukrainiac said...

If the Father can use US, He can use anyone -- even the duo in Colorado!

faith said...

Yeah, I am awfully jealous of them too. It sounded like so much fun. I am so glad Annie went with Anna. I think they will have a great time!