Thursday, November 15

tragic tales of postal offerings

AAAH.... my very own, dear laptop has been returned to me. I've been without it for 11 days. It's been difficult posting and even visiting neighbor posts on the ancient laptop (which while only being about 5 years old, truly looks like something from the 1970's to my modern eyes.) Then the cord on that laptop broke and I was computerless. This is a bad state to be in . All my finances for the store get registered into my laptop daily. Now I have receipts piled up and stuffed into pockets waiting to be entered onto my spreadsheet. Oh, please let me find them all....

It is getting wonderfully, yet creepily dark outside. I could see the brightness of the red patio umbrella outside when I came down to let Eli out this morning. Now, as I sit here at the table with coffee and Emma, we notice how black it's gotten. It's gotten much windier and the rain is pouring down. This is technically my day off, so I should be able to stay here and nest. But I went antiquing yesterday after work to find some new display pieces and they're being delivered to the store this morning. A wonderful old oak chest and hutch top and a painted green corner cupboard. I'm usually more of a pine person than oak, but this piece was rather special and a very good price so I snatched it up.

I'll put photos up as soon as it's situated and filled....

And the most important thing I must do today is go to the post office. Denise, if you read this, here is my confession...

I have not mailed that package out to you yet!!!! I am worthless when it comes follow through on posting things. I've had the package sitting here, taunting me for about 5 weeks. I pass the post office EVERY DAY! You are probably going to the post box every day waiting.....

I'm not a bad friend, really. I'm a LAZY friend.

Hayley, if you're reading this...I've not mailed out the check for your rowing team....(Idon't think) I wrote it out and stuck it in the envelope, put it on the side of the register at work and then couldn't find a stamp. As far as I know, it's been thrown away, because I can't find it anywhere. Unless Janna found a stamp and stuck it on and mailed it. In which case, never mind. But I don't think that's the case so, I'll give it to your mom in church.

Now my mother expects me to mail some things back to her in Vermont that she forgot to take home last week. ( Imagine groaning sounds here....). I can do a lot of things, but when it comes to mailing anything at all...I'm a total failure....

Oh...and the 2 week sweet-fast thing....I failed....after about 7 hours....

Well, you're probably all dismayed at my confessions of slothfullness, but quite frankly I feel un-burdened now:)

5 comments:

Sue said...

Thank you, Kate, for offering you to us. You are real without being maudlin or depressing--you are refreshing! I love you!

kibbe said...

Sue, you make me laugh out loud:)Thanks!XO

sem said...

kate, as i don't have your email address, this will have to do. i have yet to thank you for sharing your daughter with me for a long weekend. we had a very full, very rich time of it here in the west. what a great gift to me! so thank you!!!

kibbe said...

Oh Sarah, it's I who needs to be thanking you! She had such a good time and it was so good to allow her wings to travel and yet know that it was to you she was flying:) Thanks for sharing your home and time with them...I loved all the pictures of you all climbing rocks and posing under trees. You look very at home out there in the west:) But your lovely smiling face is truly lissed here in the east...xxoo Kate

Anna P said...

I can relate to your computer blues. I had to do without the 'work' computer here that ALL finances are entered into and only that computer has the program so it wasn't an option to use another. I had a month of entry/reconciliation work to catch up on afterwards. Yuck!

Also relate to your post office journey, or lack of it. There are many things I literally carry on my back but don't go take to where they should go or rather go hungry than go to the food store because I'm lazy and don't want to leave my nice home! Guess that isn't possible with a family. :)