Tuesday, October 9

Pull up a chair

Jedd and I have decided to move on with the season change, despite the lack of actual "seasonal change". Although it reached a high of 90 yesterday, Jedd put together a copper firepit for me. Then last night as the temps dropped to a chilly 80 degrees or so, we lit a fire and pulled chairs around it. Just Jedd and I. Thom and Annie were away at different functions. Emma walked to the door and looked out at us every once in a while. Without saying it I believe she thinks we may have lost a bit of brain function due to the heat. It was lovely. The stars were sparkling and though we haven't been able to locate the moon for days, we knew it was out there somewhere. (an aside... we've been trying to look at the moon each night to mark it's progression and cycle change for Jedd's science. But we haven't been able to find it since we began looking about a week ago. We've even walked down to the river, but alas, no luck. I think we're going to have to go out at midnight, but really, shouldn't an 11 y.o. be in bed by then?)
~ I plan on being out there again tonight if anyone would like to join me.
~Oh... I also had Annie and Becca wash the car yesterday in hopes that it would bring on rain.
I might turn the air conditioning to very, very cold today at work and wear the little nut brown cardigan too!
Happy Leif Erickson Day to you all, Celebrate it wildly and wonderfully!

1 comment:

ukrainiac said...

I love the thought process...sure fire way to bring on rain and cooler weather! I wish I could join you...